Friday 12 September 2014

It's the weekend!

Hi Friends! It's the weekend and I'm smiling. Just a quick post today- a post to share my joy... yes it is a post about breakfast- although it is a recipe (super-duper easy and super-duper yummy!) so yeah.

You know it's gonna taste good when the base ingredient is:
 Here's what you do: (in pictures because it's too easy for a proper recipe;)
1. Place around 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of coconut butter, 1/2 cup of milk (I used oat milk) and 1 1/2 teaspoons of raw cacao in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. (watch it in case it boils over) Give it a stir and microwave again if coconut butter hasn't fully melted:
 2. Place about 3/4 cup muesli (any kind you like- I would recommenced a raw muesli with dried fruit) into a bowl and stir in the melted chocolate/coconut mixture:
 3. Form into balls and place on a plate lined wit baking paper to go into the freezer:
 4. Freeze for out 15 mins (or as long as you like- when ready to eat just leave out for 10 mins)
5. Meanwhile why not make a grape smoothie?
Frozen grapes:
 Frozen grapes + 1 frozen banana + a big handful of spinach and some kale+ 2 big spoonfuls of greek yoghurt+ 1/2 cup oat milk:
 = the perfect amount of smoothie for my cup:
6. Remove balls from freezer and voila!
They reminded me of those rum ball things (although I only ever tried the rumless ones) but they were just as rich and decadent! They were really fudgey too!
The smoothie was extremely delicious too- it just couldn't compete with the stars of the show!

 While I was outside in the perfect sunlight eating my breakfast I panicked because I didn't have my camera with me to take some glorious shots of these little balls of amazingness- then I relaxed because I knew I would be making these again. Very soon.

 So if you want to start your weekend off with a little bit of yumminess- make. these. now!

Bye for now friends! :D




2 comments:

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...