Sunday 28 September 2014

Tastebuds and Two songs

Hello friends from the blog-o-sphere! G'day from down-under, a place known for it's kangaroos, vicious drop-bears and sunny sunny days! Well... it's bucketing down :) Hopefully it'll pass by quickly!
Any-who, back to my post!
When I was a wee little kiddlywink I never much like pasta bolognese, pasta bake or creamy pasta dishes in general (I know right!) My sister would always look at me like I was some kind of alien when everyone else had big plates of some pasta dish all mixed together in a creamy sauce and I had separate plain pasta with some grated cheese :) (I also got that same look when I ate only the insides of my quiche and left the crust. The only way I was forgiven for this was when I gave mine to her.)
Over the past couple of years I believe my taste buds have been maturing and I've been enjoying foods my 10-year-old self would have grimaced at. I've found a new love for olives, avocados and spinach. Even the smell and sight of some meat products (like sea food and prawns) make my mouth water. (No, I'm not thinking of stopping being vegetarian, I'm just stating facts- I've always hated the smell and sight of sea food for as long as I can remember. Until recently)

Ok, where am I going with this? Well, yesterday my matured taste buds decided on what they wanted for lunch. My brain was shocked but didn't argue with the true control center of my body.

Kettle boiled, wholemeal pasta in the pot and whazzing up a creamy pasta sauce... avocado style:
 1/2 an avocado+ 2 scoops of greek yoghurt+ 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast- whazzed!
Mix it all together (with some sauteed mushrooms and capsicum, rinsed 4-beans and steamed peas) and voila:
A creamy-dreamy pasta dish.... what has become of me!


 Oh, wait I know- common sense!

Mmmm.
Now onto the 10-day-you challenge!
 Almost at the end guys! Here are my two songs:

2. First of all- my all time favourite song.....
 You're the voice- by John Farnham
This song just moves me for some reason and I feel really emotional and motivated when listening to it!
1. Shake it off- by Taylor Swift- I know this song has mixed feelings among people but I love it! It makes me just want to get up and shake! I love the video too, how she's not trying to be serious and sexy like a lot of other music videos, she's just being silly and doesn't care :)

This is me when Shake it off comes on:
So if you take anything away from this post it would probably be the fact that as a child I was an alien and since I've grown up I've started dancing like an alien.I'm glad we got all that cleared up :)

Do you like creamy pasta dishes?
Thoughts on Taylor Swift's song Shake it off?
What is your dancing style?

Have a great day everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...