Saturday 15 November 2014

Blueberry cake :)

Well hello there beautiful people!
Have I got a treat for you! And boy you better enjoy it because I made this treat, put it in the oven, took my memory card out of my camera to work on some posts, forgot to put it back and then didn't get any pics of the final product.. so I had to make it again! Yes, I suffered through two:
BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST CAKES! It was pretty good :)
 Blueberry muffins may just about be my all-time favourite treat. I've tried health-i-fying them before and they're just not the same.

This cake however, is pretty darn close!
Vegan, wheat free, dairy free, added sugar free, all natural ingredients- and it tastes great too!

Blueberry breakfast cake:
Ingredients:
20g wholemeal spelt flour
15g rolled oats
10g oatbran
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon chia seeds + 2 tablespoons milk of choice (I used oat milk) mixed together and sit for 5 mins
2 pitted medjool dates
1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional- I just wanted a bit of coconut flavour)
1/4 banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (I actually scarped a few seeds off a vanilla pod because I had some lying around)
handful of blueberries
extra milk of choice

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a small ramekin/ mini loaf pan/ mini cake pan (whatever mini pan you have on hand) with some oil (I used spray coconut oil)
Look how cute it is:
2. Place the dates, banana, vanilla, optional coconut oil and chia gel into a small food processor and process until smooth:


 3. Stir together the rest of the ingredients (all the dry ingredients) in a bowl and then whisk in the date mixture:
 4. Add in some milk until batter reaches a thick pancake consistency (I added about 1/2 cup oat milk)
 5. Toss in some blueberries! Fold in to mixture:
 6. Place in greased pan and bake in oven for around 30 mins or until inserted skewer comes out clean
Pre-cooked:
Pre-cooked #2 (today's batch)
 Batch #2 cooked (this is where I forgot to put my memory card back in)
 Nice and golden brown on top:

7. Remove from pan/ tin/ ramekin and place on wire rack to cool for 5-10 mins.
8. Top with anything you like/ keep it plain (yesterday I smothered almond butter over the top) and enjoy!
But wait. Where's all the blueberries?!?
 Found em'

Warm, spongey, marbled with bluberry juice... does it get better than this?
Definitely brought back memories of my favourite blueberry muffins of my childhood!
Yes, I went a bit nuts with the pics... but at least this time I remembered to have a memory card in the camera!


Mmmmm.
Seriously try stop yourself from face planting your computer screen, thank you ;)
Relax with a warm drink and picture yourself sitting in a little coffee shop. :)
Food really is the best subject for visualization and meditation.

How about you? 
Favourite childhood cake flavour?
Blueberry cake/ muffins- like/ hate?
Does food ever take you to a different place when eating it/ smelling it? It happens to me a lot!

Any who, that's it from me to you and always remember that... 'Today you are you, that is truer than truer. There is no one alive who is youer than you!' (Dr Seuss in the house!)

Seeya guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...