Sunday 16 November 2014

My thoughts on juice

Hi friendly friends!
Who here likes juice? A fair few of you right?
I used to L.O.V.E juice. I would drink glasses upon glasses of orange juice every day and if it wasn't orange juice it was peach ice tea. Like what even is water? (it makes me cringe to think of the masses of sugar I would have drunk each day)
When I had to pull back on added sugars, the only drinks I drank were water (Now I love water!) and soy milk and I just sort of forgot about juice. Then one day I found an old friend sitting idly in the fridge section of the supermarket.
Nudie juices!
No added sugar and all natural ingredients- it's seriously just fruit and veg... the way juice should be!
So I've been enjoying these on occasion when I feel the urge for juice.


Where am I going with this? Well the other day this guy crossed my line of vision and I went over to go check him out...
The front of him impressed, as did the back:
 So I threw him into the trolley.
A few days ago I was feeling the juice vibe and also chocolate (because when am I not feeling chocolate?) I put some rolled oats, raw cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, choc protein powder and a banana into a saucepan with some oat milk and let that cook and cool for 10mins and then took my bowl of oats (topped generously with some almond butter) and new find up to my breakfast spot outside.
 Whilst checking out the back (well, photographing it for you guys) I noticed it said:
Servings per package: 2
Does this not bug anyone else? Who's going to buy a small juice bottle that size and go- boy, there is definitely 2 serves in this guy!
Silly serving sizes. I think I may ignore this one... or so I thought.
This is how much I could manage.
On first gulp, I was like 'Hmm, this is interesting.' Then it slid down my throat and left it's interesting after taste for my taste buds to fully consider.
Long story short- it was gross.
It tasted way too green (I know it's a green juice!) and seriously hurt my taste buds. My entire mission in life is to create ridiculously healthy foods that taste even more ridiculously yummy. This guy didn't fit the bill.

I was just thankful I had big spoonfuls of warm, gooey chocolatey oatmeal to help me out. :)

Moral of the story? I really like oatmeal.

That and I think I'll stick to nudie juice on the rare occasions the want for juice strikes.

Also green smoothies taste 1000x better than green juices in my opinion. Check out this one I made recently:
Most awkward hand positioning ever, I know- I didn't want to make a shadow :)
This was a green rhubarb smoothie- idea from this post.
It was one stick of chopped frozen rhubarb, 1 chopped frozen banana, a handful of kale, a handful of spinach, 3 scoops of greek yoghurt and a splash of oat milk all whazzed up until smooth.
What's that peeking in on the side?
Yes I drank my green smoothie along with a side of whipped banana oats ;)

What about you?
Do you like juice?
Do you make your own juice?
Do you pay attention to ridiculous serving sizes?

Until next time...
Bye! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...