Sunday 23 November 2014

The midday meal

Lunch.
A hard topic that one.
It's not breakfast and it's not dinner, so you can't have solely breakfast foods or dinner foods. It's kinda got to be a mix of the two.
For some people. If I want pancakes for lunch I'll have em'! This past week however I've had some pretty great containers of lunch! (Tupperware is a saviour when packing food for school!)
This yummy looking box was quinoa, raw veg (carrot, capsicum, red onion, corn and tomato), with a parsley and coriander pesto-y thing (few sprigs coriander, few sprigs flat leaf parsley, a small spoon of dijon mustard, pinch of cumin, lots of spinach, olive oil and some lemon juice- all whazzed up in a food processor)
I felt a bit more like the veg of the cooked variety after that and so made a roast veg salad thing with roast carrot, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, suede and parsnip mixed with lentils and chili tofu and spinach:
:)
Check out this bit of pumpkin...
Seriously- that is my idea of perfection! Love roast veggies. :)
Weekend lunches have to be my favourite though. More time to make something awesome:
 Grilled sandwich with hommus, mashed pumpkin, spinach, veggie patty, grilled capsicum, eggplant, zucchini and mushroom, with some sliced tomato- all grilled in a sandwich press :D
 Everything that didn't fit in the sandwich! (I was quite hungry)
Nom.
Sunday's lunch:
 A hum-un-go-saurus salad with... drum roll please...
Spinach, kale, parsley, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, strawberries, peas, corn and 2 torn up veggie sausages.
 No, I didn't even consider if everything would work together. I knew it would ;)
Sometimes I just crave a big bowl of raw veggies!

What would a lunch special be without a big ol' Steph sized sandwich!
 That, my impressed friends, is two slices of home made spelt/rye bread spread with hommus, topped with mashed lentils, spinach, avocado, sliced tomato, purple cabbage, grated carrot, grated beetroot and some cucumber. :)
Give it a hat... and then admire the beautifulness that is this sandwich!
Good thing I was hungry that day.

Wait. I'm always hungry...

Details :)

What about you?
What's your favourite lunch?
To you like big ol' salads?
Do you like putting those big ol' salads between two slices of bread?

See ya later guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...