Haha, best intro ever, right?
Seriously though, I love these macromolecules consisting of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen (thanks Wikipedia!) And I think you should to!
There's a reason why carbohydrates make up the majority of the current healthy living pyramid and Eating guide and guidelines etc.
First of all, here's a list of the common food sources of carbs, it's not just bread and pasta people!
- Sugar- simple carbs- does occur naturally in whole foods like fruits and milk and also as table sugar and processed foods
- starch- complex carbs (many sugar units bonded together)- occurs naturally in fruits, veggies, grains, cooked dry beans and peas
- fiber- also complex carb- also occurs naturally in fruits, veggies, whole grains, cooked dry beans and peas
2. It provides nutrients for the good bacteria in our intestines that helps us digest our food... you know what I'm saying. Eat your carbs people! :D
3. One of the most important reasons for me is to protect my muscles, becasue if the body doesn't have carbs to use as an energy source, the protein from our muscles starts to look mighty tasty!
4. They do heaps of other cool things as well like regulate the sugars travelling around your blood to make sure your cells get the energy they need and assist your body's absorption of calcium (essential for me- that friend who doesn't drink milk;)
5. Most importantly (sorry number 3) they taste so good :)
As you can see by the pics above I'm a bit of a...
Sorry diamonds... carbs have stolen this girl's heart
I'm just Thinking Out Loud here.... head on over to Spoons if you want to see what everyone else is thinking about! :)
Do you like carbs?
Do you eat carbs?
Would you marry a carb? *cough* Yes *cough*
See you later! :D