Sunday 14 June 2015

Avocado pasta sauce?

Hello, hello friendly friends!

Quick question: How many of you love creamy pasta sauces?
My guess would be the vast majority of you (just because my research outside of the computer world, in real life, has proven that the majority of people do actually like creamy pasta sauces).

As a kid, I hated them. Hated carbonara, hated the bechamel sauce on lasagne. It just wasn't my style. What was my pasta style you ask? Mainly plain boiled. Occasionally sprinkled with tasty cheese. A kid of adventurous taste buds, huh! If I had to have sauce on my pasta it would be tomato based. I had a thing for tomatoes. Tomato soup, baked beans, tomato sauce on pancakes.. well, pretty much tomato sauce on anything!

So I was kind of perplexed when I had the sudden urge to make some creamy pasta dish for lunch the other day. Whaaa?

Always one to honour the bod, I set about making my creamy sauce... with a little twist :)

Why is it green, you ask? Well, that would be the avocado of course!

Creamy-dreamy Avocado, and Hommus Pasta Sauce:
Ingredients:
1/2 chopped avocado
1 1/2 tablespoons hommus
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast

And that's it!

Stick it all in a mini food processor and whaz until smooth:
I stirred this super thick and utterly addicting sauce through my boiled brown rice and quinoa spaghetti plus some oven roasted zucchini, capsicum, mushrooms and eggplant as well as some garlic tofu: (that is after a few taste-tests from the processor...)
It was so delicious and exactly what I was craving! Definitely recommend giving this one a try if you're in the mood for all the creaminess and decadents of a creamy pasta dish, minus all the saturated fat and other nonsense typically found in those sauces.
Happy, happy days!

Your turn:
What was your favourtie pasta sauce as a kid?
Are you a fan of creamy pasta sauces?
Ever tried an avocado pasta sauce? They're all the rage on Pinterest!

That's it for today folks, I hope you all have a lovely day, eat something delicious and smile! Bye friends!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...