Wednesday 17 June 2015

WIAW #61 A few strange ones ;)

Happy Wednesday friends!!
I must admit I have been enjoying these few days after exams and am literally doing nothing (except of course attending school... because, you know, for some reason I still have 3 weeks left until term break!) other than that I've been giving my brain a break, enjoying delicious food and getting my life back together (you know how un-important organisation becomes when you are going through a stressful/busy part of life!)

What delicious food you ask? Well it's a good thing it's WIAW! Below features a full day of eats from Tuesday, a rest day filled with all the yum! Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for hosting this awesome link-up each week and gifting me with so much meal inspo!! Now- FOOD.

Breakfast: 7:15am
For breakfast I was in the mood for something cooling and refreshing (because it's winter. And I am strange) However I wanted to change things up from the typical smoothie I've been loving on lately. I decided to add in something warm and crunchy as well as chewy and fudge-y. Home-made granola!
Smoothie bowl topped with cashew butter granola

In my smoothie was 1 chopped frozen banana + 1 massive handful of spinach + 3 big spoons greek yoghurt + one handful frozen blackberries + 14 cup water- whazzed until smooth.
The delicious granola was a large handful of rolled oats + sprinkle chia seeds + sprinkle pepita seeds +  dash cinnamon +1-2 tablespoons cashew butter warmed with 1/3 cup almond milk in the microwave for 30 seconds- mixed together with a spoon until combined.
Sooo good! Perfect combo of refreshing, sweet, nutty, chewy, gaaaah!
Happy days :)

Snack: 11:00am
The usual snack for today:
Nothing beats a pot of peas
I'm usually still full from breakfast by the time recess rolls around but I also know I will be starving by 4th period (period before lunch) if I don't eat a little something. Peas to the rescue.
Lunch: 1:40pm
Brilliant salad for lunch featuring tri-coloured quinoa, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, spianch and avocado.
I didn't have too much time in the morning as I head to school earlier for period 0 (period before school starts) so this was a 'chop everything up and throw it in a tupper ware' kind of lunch. It was pretty good!
The quinoa made it ;)

Snack: 4:00pm
Again the usual snack. I feel like my snacks work for me, so why change them?
Delicious fruit (both the fuji apple and strawberries were perfectly ripe) with a mug of soy milk.
Nom.

Dinner: 6:15pm
I had a meeting that night at school so dinner was slightly earlier (but still mighty tasty!)
Under those two delicious fried eggs were some oven roasted sweet potatoes and potato, roasted with olive oil + cumin + oregano + basil, along with some steamed and roasted brussels sprouts and baked beans stirred through:
I was in a weird mood and didn't know what I felt like for dinner, hence the random collection of foods. It tasted pretty good though (and weirdly enough exactly what I wanted!)
So much yum in one bowl :)

Aaaand that's what I ate!

Your turn:
Do you make your own granola? What do you throw into yours?
Favourite fast throw together lunch?
Weirdest dinner you've put together lately that has totally satisfied?

That's all from me today folks, I hope you all have a lovely day, eat something delicious and smile :) Bye for now! :D

4 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with snacking on peas for a snack as well. I usually top mine with this thyme/sea salt seasoning I have! It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I've never thought of topping them with a seasoning- the possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  2. That granola on your smoothie bowl looks so good! I might have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go- I.AM.OBSESSED! :)
      Steph 2 chef xx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...