Sunday 7 June 2015

There is no such thing as too much salsa!

Hidy-ho friends and welcome to my world filled with running, writing and admittedly quite a lot of Mexican food.

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, Mexican food is my favourite type of food. I love the flavours, I love the ingredients, I LOVE it! However I've never actually been to Mexico or tasted real Mexican food... so maybe my real love is Australian-Mexican food ;) I've heard that we've completely butchered Chinese food over here in that they don't even eat honey chicken!?!

Welllll, now I'm starting to get off topic. Let's take a re-wind back to the title of this post and take a glance at a lunch I made myself while studying for exams: (definitely lifted my spirits!!)
Yes. I made myself a tortilla. Yum.

Haha, no, that was simply my base, spread with hommus, for the deliciousness that was cooking away in a pan and... sitting away in a bowl?
A beautiful blurry photo of mixed 4-beans, lentils and taco seasoning, cooked with a splash of water until absorbed and flavourful.
Spooned onto my quite large wholegrain wrap.
Next? SALSA!
I used to always spoon on the store bought jar of tomato salsa thinking it was the best thing ever (literally spooned it on everything!) and then I made a home-made version with all the fresh herbs and veg... I can't even.

In my bowl was some chopped capsicum, tomato, spinach, coriander, corn, onion, chili and lots of lemon juice (would have also been awesome with some chopped avocado but I didn't have any :) and plonked on top of my beans:
Haha, yes, I will admit that was probably a little too much for the wrap to handle... but it was not too much for me to handle as (and I think this will become my new life motto) you can never have too much salsa!
I should probably invest in this shirt :)

So yes, I carefully piled on that mountain of salsa and enjoyed every single bite!
Somehow managing to wrap it up in the process:
So fresh and zingy and vibrant and DEEEEELISH!
Your turn:
If you had to choose one cuisine that you could eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
Do you make your own salsa?
Are you a fan of coriander/ cilantro? Apparently it's the most hated herb on the planet! I like it :)

That's all from me today folks, enjoy the rest of your day and make sure you eat something delicious! Bye!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...