Wednesday 24 June 2015

WIAW #62 A random selection of foods I call meals

Happy Wednesday Friendly Friends!!

As per usual Wednesday style, a full day of eats is awaiting and my creativity skills required to produce an interesting introduction are dwindling (as is my spare time for this post).

Thanks to Peas and Crayons for the link-up, thanks to all those who help out hosting, and thanks to all you guys for being awesome.

Now, FOOOOD! WIAW style!

Note: today's food can be described in one word: random. But also delicious... so that's the theme of the day!

Breakfast: 7:15 am
Prior to breakfast I had a nice 40 min treadmill run. I wasn't too hungry when I woke up and can generally get through 30-40 min runs without a pre-workout snack, so I just hopped right on!
Come breakfast time though... I was hungry!
2 wholemeal crumpets (placed on my minions plate without the intention of appearing like the minions eyes... but then I noticed and had to take a pic!)
Smothered in crunchy peanut butter (literally smothered)
With a deliciously cold, creamy, dreamy green smoothie made with frozen banana, frozen cantaloupe, spinach, kale, greek yoghurt and water. Perfect! (And super filling breakfast!) Eaten quickly so I could shower and still make it to school on time (early start on Tuesdays)
Snack: 11:05am
I feel extremely repetitive when it comes to snacks and if you read my WIAW posts regualrly you can probably guess this one.
A little pot of frozen peas!
Lunch: 1:40pm
Lunch was prepped the night before and included lots of deliciousness:
Cooked millet with some delicious roasted beans, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Quite tasty indeed.
Quite filling too, something I definitely require to power through the day! (I remember the other day I had a really small lunch by accident and couldn't concentrate at all for the rest of the day. Not good!)

Snack: 4:00pm
Post school and pre flute lesson I managed to inhale a delicious fuji apple with a mug of soy milk:
Then I had a chiropactic appointment (my hip was out of place... I could feel it)and was thankful I managed to include this snack because I wouldn't have lasted until dinner!!


Dinner: 6:45pm
I was still pretty hungry for dinner when the night started rolling in and popped a sweet potato in the oven to bake for an hour and then roasted up some eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms for around 30 mins:

Topped the deliciously sweet and roasted potato with coconut butter:
And also 2 poached eggs atop some avocado slices because I just felt like it!
A mish-mash of yummy foods, really :)
 After dinner I rounded out the day with 2 pitted dates for some sweet caramel-y goodness!

And as you can see that was my random selection of foods that inhibited my stomach for the day!

What about you?
Do you have random food days where you just throw different foods onto a plate making about 5 different mini meals in the process?
Do you find that not eating enough during the day leaves you unfocused and acting like an entirely different person? This definitely happens to me!
Favourite way to eat millet? I'm still experimenting, any ideas are appreciated!

Hungry for more? Head on over to Peas and Crayons to see what everyone else has been eating this fine Wednesday? Have a great day everyone and make sure you eat something delicious! Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...