Friday 24 January 2014

A Day of Eats


My blog is designed to help those who have any kind of restricted diet (mainly vegan, dairy free, wheat free, sugar free) or who simply want to eat well without missing out on awesome foods, I mean come on, how many people do you know eat this and this for breakfast!

Back to my first point though. I want to show you an example of what a vegetarian, dairy free, sugar free person eats (that's me by the way ;) so anyone who can't think of ideas might get some.

I just picked a random day, each meal changes daily!
Breakfast:
This is my big mug full of overnight oats.
You simply put about 1/4-1/2 (depending on how hungry you are)of rolled oats/ muesli (muesli has yummy dried fruits and nuts) into a bowl with a tablespoon of chia seeds and either 1/2- 1 cup of milk of choice (depending on how much of the oats you put in- you double the milk) give it a stir and sit in the fridge over night.

In the morning give it another stir:
Then add whatever else you like. I added a pluot (plum/apricot), some grapes and a drizzle of nut butter. Yum!

Lunch:
A toasted scrambled egg, veggie stuffed wholegrain wrap!
All you do is saute whatever veggies you like in a fry pan with some garlic/ oil (optional), scramble two eggs in another fry pan, stir together fold up in wrap and toast- too easy!
Dinner:
That is roasted herby root veggies atop some yellow split peas that are on top of some warm polenta.
The veggies are seasoned with oregano, basil and cumin seeds, drizzled with oil and baked in the oven on a low temp (140 degrees maybe) for about an hour.

I simply put the split peas in lots of boiling water in a saucepan and let them cook for about 35 mins.

The polenta was 1 minute polenta so I added about 1/2 a cup of water to a small saucepan, brought to the boil, added polenta (maybe 1/4 cup) and whisked until it looked like cooked oat bran :)

Which brings us back to breakfast, where I have a real recipe for you.
Fruity, nutty, apple-y oat balls:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fruity muesli
3/4 cup milk of choice ( I used almond milk)
1/4 of an apple grated + 1/4 of an apple chopped into small squares
coconut butter!

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Get your fruity muesli:
add it to a saucepan with the apple and milk, stir on medium heat, then leave to sit until starting to thicken.
3. Once thick:
form into balls, place on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 15 mins, until golden brown:
Drizzle over your choice of topping (I used coconut butter.. yum!) ie. nut butter, jam, nutella etc.
Enjoy as cereal with milk, or stirred through a smoothie or with banana milk like I did:

Enjoy!
I hope you have some inspiration now, go have a yummy day!
:D








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...