Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Breakfast Pizza- Oh Yeah!


The first time I had ever heard of such thing as a dessert pizza, was only about 2 years ago when we were at a restaurant and they featured on their dessert menu...
My life was changed.
Then changed again when I was told I couldn't eat wheat, dairy or sugar- no more dessert pizzas for me.
However, not too long ago I came across this. Chocolate Covered Katie's Healthy dessert pizza- and her other great pizza recipes. Thank you Katie!
So I thought I might try my hand at making my own Healthy Dessert/ Breakfast Pizza! (It gets to be in pink, because pink is awesome :)
That, my friends, is my Berry, muesli, coconut Pizzert (dessert pizza) with almond banana ice cream in the background- yes this was my breakfast :)
Ingredients:
115g flour ( I used 70g brown rice flour and 45g coconut flour- for the slight coconut flavour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Optional-  1 tablespoon LSA mix and a sprinkle of chia seeds
1 1/3 cups milk ( I used oat milk)
Handful of frozen berries
Nutty, fruity muesli for top
Strawberries for top
Almond Banana Ice cream:
1 chopped frozen banana
1 tablespoon almond butter

Method:
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Combine all the dry ingredients (apart from the muesli) in a bowl and stir to combine.
2.Add the milk and stir until completely smooth( coconut flour can tend to be a bit bumpy) add more milk if required- it should be of thick pancake batter consistency.
3. Add the frozen berries and stir a few times so as not to tinge your pizzert grey from the berries juices.
4. Pour into a greased pie dish, sprinkle with muesli
Prior to baking:
5. Bake in the oven for around 30 mins, then insert skewer into the middle, if it comes out clean take the pizzert out.
Post baking:
Mmm, much better!
6. Make the ice cream by placing the chopped frozen banana in a food processor (the normal size is fine- it doesn't blend well in a smaller size) with the almond butter until smooth. Place in freezer until ready to use.

7. Cut yourself a BIG slice of pizzert and arrange some strawberries on top, you could even plop a bit of the ice cream on top. I did :)
Enjoy every last bite of your Berry, muesli, coconut pizzert!
Now your only worry left in the world is what to do with your leftovers...
You could probably freeze it and warm it in the microwave the next time you wanted it. I simply wrapped mine up and placed it in the fridge.. someone in my family was bound to eat it.
Little did I know my dad thought it was this savory bread thing (he wasn't wearing his glasses!) and went on to cover my delicious sweet pizzert in salt, pepper and barbecue sauce! He still ate it all, I'll give him that!
However, I wouldn't recommend that flavour combination...
Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...