The first time I had ever heard of such thing as a dessert pizza, was only about 2 years ago when we were at a restaurant and they featured on their dessert menu...
My life was changed.
Then changed again when I was told I couldn't eat wheat, dairy or sugar- no more dessert pizzas for me.
However, not too long ago I came across this. Chocolate Covered Katie's Healthy dessert pizza- and her other great pizza recipes. Thank you Katie!
So I thought I might try my hand at making my own Healthy Dessert/ Breakfast Pizza! (It gets to be in pink, because pink is awesome :)
115g flour ( I used 70g brown rice flour and 45g coconut flour- for the slight coconut flavour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Optional- 1 tablespoon LSA mix and a sprinkle of chia seeds
1 1/3 cups milk ( I used oat milk)
Handful of frozen berries
Nutty, fruity muesli for top
Strawberries for top
Almond Banana Ice cream:
1 chopped frozen banana
1 tablespoon almond butter
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Combine all the dry ingredients (apart from the muesli) in a bowl and stir to combine.
2.Add the milk and stir until completely smooth( coconut flour can tend to be a bit bumpy) add more milk if required- it should be of thick pancake batter consistency.
3. Add the frozen berries and stir a few times so as not to tinge your pizzert grey from the berries juices.
4. Pour into a greased pie dish, sprinkle with muesli
Prior to baking:
6. Make the ice cream by placing the chopped frozen banana in a food processor (the normal size is fine- it doesn't blend well in a smaller size) with the almond butter until smooth. Place in freezer until ready to use.
7. Cut yourself a BIG slice of pizzert and arrange some strawberries on top, you could even plop a bit of the ice cream on top. I did :)
Little did I know my dad thought it was this savory bread thing (he wasn't wearing his glasses!) and went on to cover my delicious sweet pizzert in salt, pepper and barbecue sauce! He still ate it all, I'll give him that!
However, I wouldn't recommend that flavour combination...
Have a great day!