Monday, 20 January 2014
Blueberry Microwave Muffin
I was always very skeptical of the idea of making 2 minute cakes/ cupcakes/ brownies in the microwave, because it always sounded too good to be true.
However, as usual my curiousity got the better of me (also my craving for a quick blueberry muffin helped as well) so I decided to create a blueberry microwave muffin!
Behold the two minute blueberry brekky muffin:
30g wholemeal spelt flour
30g brown rice flour (or just 60 g of any flour you like- I just did these two to play with textures)
30g rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon chia seeds + 1 tablespoon milk
2 1/2 - 4 tablespoons milk- depending on how dense you want it
Either- 1/2 a mashed banana, 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup of applesauce- your choice to make sure the finished product isn't too dry (I forgot to add this- it still tasted great, but I would recommend adding one of these)
Blueberries- as many as you want!
1. Do NOT preheat the oven to 180 :) instead combine your chia seed and milk in a small food processor and sit for 5-10 mins until gel consistency.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
3. Whaz up your chia seed gel in the food processor (optional- you can just add it there and then without whazzing) then add to dry mix:
5. Add the blueberries!
8. Gently take cake out and place on wire rack:
10. Place back in mug- this is when I started making my ice cream which involved me taking a chopped up frozen banana, a handful of frozen berries and whazzing them up in the food processor- too easy- and top with whatever you want- same suggestions as the filling :)
11. Grab a spoon/ fork/ shovel and enjoy!
Mmm blueberry muffin...
Enjoy the rest of your day!