Thursday 16 January 2014

Oatmeal Day :)


Today I decided it was oatmeal day, so, just for you I have saved two yummy and quite different takes on oatmeal.
I think we'll start with the more traditional one, so as not to scare you from my weird creations...
This is my deliciously creamy Apple Pie Oats
Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
1 banana
1/2 an apple (I used a small royal gala)
Optional- chia seeds, LSA mix, a spoonful of nut butter spread, walnuts

Method:
1.Place the oats and chia seeds and LSA mix and walnuts (if using) in a medium saucepan, stir to combine
2. Cut the apple into small cubes and add to oats. Slice the banana very thin and add as well
3. Stir in the milk and then place over medium heat and leave for a few minutes to thicken and bubble
4. When it has thickened start vigorously stirring (This is using the  whipped banana method from the blog- Kath Eats Real Food)
5. When the oats reach your desired consistency (mine was probably after 2-3 mins of stirring consistently) pour into bowl and this is the time you can get creative with your toppings- mine included a big spoonful of almond butter :)
Then I got creative with my shots:
And of course it did not look that pretty when I actually prepared it for my eating purposes:
Delish!
My second oat creation as of late, is a bit different:
That my friends is my Chocolate Oatmeal Edible Cereal bowl!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup oatbran
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Optional- chia seeds
1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
1/2 banana

Method:
 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2.Place your oats, oat bran, cocoa powder, chia seeds and 1/2 a thinly sliced banana into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine
3. Add the milk, stir and place over medium heat until thicken and bubbly
4. Then start stirring vigorously for a couple of minutes until quite sticky and thick:
5. Pour onto a tray lined with baking paper and flatten out into a circle:
6. Bake in the oven for 15 mins
7. Meanwhile prepare whatever filling you want (I used the other half of my banana to make some banana milk, then I got some grapes and blueberries and chopped up some raw nuts) I'm thinking maybe some banana ice cream or maybe yoghurt and berries or any thick smoothie recipe you love, (maybe this one) think of the oatmeal bowl as a pie crust :)
8. Once baked place on wire rack to cool slightly then mold into the shape of your bowl:
9. Finally fill with your delicious filling :)
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...