Wednesday, 8 January 2014
It's time to Stephify!
Yesterday for lunch I had scrambled eggs on toast. Haha, yeah right... what I really did was take that idea and make it awesome:
I present to you scrambled eggs with toast... Stephified:
1/4 cup quinoa (3/4 cup to cook it in)
30g 1 minute polenta (120 mls of water to cook it in)
2 tbs brown rice flour
your choice of favourite herbs/ spices (creative time!)
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve for 2 minutes, place in a sauce pan over medium heat and dry toast for another 2 mins.
2. Add the 3/4 cup of water, bring to bowl, simmer for 15 mins (or until all the water has been absorbed) stirring occasionally and then leave to cool.
3. Bring the 120mls of water to the boil in a small saucepan
4. Add the polenta and stir constantly with a whisk until the polenta is thick
5. In a bowl mix the polenta, quinoa and brown rice flour and any seasoning together until combined
6. flatten on a sheet of baking paper, place on a tray in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins until edges are crispy. Cool on wire rack, then eat!
The scramble was super easy and can be changed in any way you want. I simply sauteed some shredded veggies in a fry pan with some garlic and oil for a few minutes and scrambled an egg in a smaller saucepan and then mixed them. Too easy and too pretty. I like it when my foods make rainbows! :)