Sunday 26 January 2014

These are a few of my favourite things!


The past two meals I have eaten have been ridiculously yummy (to me anyway!) and I figured I'll just have to share them both.

For dinner last night, I wanted a big, awesome salad! So that's what I made:
This had grilled peaches, steamed pumpkin and parsnip, spinach, tomato, capsicum, carrot, broccoli, green beans, peas, brussel sprouts, walnuts, pine nuts and red cabbage :)

It really hit the spot, but then along came breakfast...
This picture does it no justice at all, but on the side was my breakfast fruit salad and in my big mug, was a dough boy smoothie, inspired by this recipe from Kath Eats Real Food.

Dough Boy Smoothie:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk ( I used fortified soy milk)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 banana
About 1/4 cup extra milk

Method:
1. Place rolled oats, chia seeds and banana in a bowl, stir
2. Add the milk, stir again then leave in the fridge over night (Just like my overnight oats)
3. Come morning it should look like this:
4. Place in a blender with the extra milk and blend on high until there are no lumps and it is nice and frothy ( I blended for maybe 2-3 minutes straight)
5. Place in the freezer until ready to use, because now you are making my very own creation!

Steph's Breakfast fruit salad:
Ingredients:
A handful of bran sticks
A sprinkle of seeds of choice ( I used pepita and sunflower seeds)
2 tablespoons milk (I used soy milk)
A sprinkle of dried fruit ( I used cranberries)
Optional: Whatever fresh fruit you want- mine included blueberries and figs and also coconut butter :)

Method:
1. Place the bran and seeds on a small plate:
2. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of milk, add the other ingredients and drizzle over remaining milk and coconut butter if using:
3. heat some nut butter in the microwave so it is runny, then drizzle over dough boy smoothie- I would also recommend stirring your favourite cereal through/ nuts/ toasted coconut- whatever you prefer
4. Eat up:)



My delicious Dough Boy Smoothie: ( It's called dough boy, because it tastes kind of like cookie dough in smoothie form)

My beautiful Brekky Salad:

Last but not least, one of the best bites of the day:

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...