Saturday, 18 January 2014
Yesterday, I decided I was in a 'Lets find every veggie in the house and stuff it!' kind of mood.
Which is always a fun mood to be in :)
So for lunch I decided to stuff a capsicum:
1 medium sized capsicum
100 g mixed root veggies, chopped (I used parsnip, suede, pumpkin and beetroot)
125g can mixed four beans
Handful of spinach
1/4 cup cous cous (1/4 cup water to cook in)
1-2 tablespoons hommus +1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast+ water to thin
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Steam/ boil root veggies for about 15 mins
3. Place capsicum on a baking tray and bake for around 15 mins (same as root veggies):
5. Once the root veggies and capsicum have had their 15 mins take out, leave capsicum aside
6. Make vegan cheese- stir hommus and nutritional yeast together with about a tablespoon of water
7. Put every other ingredient in a bowl and stir to combine, you can add some of the cheese (or any other sauce) to the mix now and stuff as much as you can into the capsicum (overflowing is fine:)
8. Drizzle over cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins
So as I was waiting for my capsicum to cook, I wanted to stuff something else...
So I quickly sauteed 1 tablespoon of lentils+ 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts+ 1 teaspoon garlic + around 10 mushrooms, in a small frypan until golden and fragrant.
Behold... my stuffed lunch:
For dinner, I did another stuffing. But this was one of those meals that looks totally ugly, but tasted out of this world- so don't get too grossed out:
I stuffed something else for breakfast this morning, but your going to have to wait until tomorrow for that surprise!
What other veggies do you love to stuff?
I like stuffing halved avocados with guacamole, and scooping out the inside of halved watermelons, freezing it and creating a slushy to put back in the watermelon boat. I first got the idea for that here.
Have a great day! :)