...I want to be a Nacho man!
Especially after yesterdays lunch :)
But before that, get excited because look what I got.....
Well that prompted me to cheer myself up by making a delightfully delicious lunch. I think I've been on a fast food kick lately... of course they are healthified, but you can't really taste the difference:
Nachos- Dairy, wheat and added sugar free:
100g sweet potato cut into cubes
25g parsnip cut into cubes
125g tin mixed four beans
50g vegetarian mince (I used Quorn mince- you can omit this if you prefer/ want to make it vegan)
3 cherry tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1-2 tablespoons of salsa
1/2 an avocado scooped and chopped
1-2 tablespoons of corn kernels (I just used tinned corn)
A few strips of capsicum and chilli (to your liking)
1-2 tablespoons hommus
1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast + water to thin
2 small corn tortillas (gluten free)
1.boil/ steam veggies for veggie mash- 20 mins. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Meanwhile make guacamole by combining ingredients in a small food processor and wazzing up until it reaches your desired consistency- store in fridge.
3. Cut corn tortillas into triangles and arrange on baking tray:
4.Make the vegan cheese by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and thin, set aside
5. Make salsa by adding all the ingredients apart from the salsa to a small fry pan, add 2 tbs water and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed (3-6 mins) on medium heat. Stir through salsa
6. Mash the soft veggies for the veggie mash.
7. Place corn chips on a plate, spoon over veggie mash, then spoon over salsa. Drizzle over the vegan cheese ( I mainly targeted the chips)
8. Heat in the microwave for 50 seconds until cheese resembles melted cheese:
9. Spoon over guacamole... ENJOY! :)