Monday 11 August 2014

2 Tasty Delights!

I have two recipes for you today, which I joined into one for a nom-y dinner!

But first... Breakfast- because breakfast always comes first!
I had for the first time in like forever...
CRUMPETS! (wholemeal crumpets- but still!)
I love crumpets :) maybe it should go on my list of loves?
I especially love them covered in peanut butter :)
And served with a green smoothie:
 Frozen banana+ frozen mango+ chia seeds+ oat milk+ spinach+ greek yoghurt

Yum!
Now dinner!
I really wanted to make a quinoa salad, so....
Here's what you do:
Roast up some beetroot and parsnip (olive oil and in the oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees)


Cook some quinoa:
Find some beans, corn and cranberries:
At the last 15 mins roast some cherry tomatoes and stir together to form a salad!
Don't forget the spinach!
What are those yellow-looking things?
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER! Yum. I simply wanted to make them as a side, but then I used a bowl and was like; 'What the heck!'
So I stirred together half a teaspoon of garlic, a small squeeze of lemon and about 1 and a half heaped teaspoons of curry powder with about 1 tablespoon water:
Rubbed onto some cauliflower and roasted in the oven (180 degrees celsius) for around 30 mins, with some chopped onion and chili:
Mixed into the salad!
 Sweet, savoury, warm, crunchy- everything balanced everything out quite nicely :)

What's your favourite salad?
I get so annoyed when people are like- 'You don't actually like salads, do you?'
I mean look at this 'salad' what's not to like?

TA-TA for now!
:D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...