Friday 29 August 2014

Lovin'on the breakfast front!

Hello friends!
Today I thought I'd create a post dedicated to breakfasts, because last week almost every brekky I consumed was deeee-lish!
I started off Monday with a simple-pimple brekky (Monday is the start of the week- a 'no thinking required' brekky is a must!) of two wholemeal crumpets topped smothered in cashew butter with a berry delicious smoothie (I couldn't help myself)
 The smoothie was simply 1 frozen banana, 4 large over ripe frozen strawberries (I bought a big punnet on the weekend) and a handful of frozen black grapes (just coz I thought they'd be good in a smoothie:) some greek yoghurt, oat milk and chia seeds- done!
 I love crumpets and hadn't eaten one for like 2 years prior to buying a wholemeal packet and freezing them a few weeks back.
 Yum!
Either Tuesday or Wednesday (I forget) I made oats :)
Using my sneaky little nut butter trick:

 I topped my bowl off with some banana cinnamon steel cut oats:
 With a side of strawberry (same strawberries as before- not frozen) yoghurt (cut up strawberries+ greek yoghurt)
One of my absolute favourites of the week was a banana mango thickie (extremely thick smoothie) topped with some cashew butter granola:
 In the smoothie went 1 frozen banana, 1 handful frozen mango chunks, 2 scoops of greek yoghurt and a splash of milk= super creamy deliciousness:
 Topped off with granola, similar to this one (kisses fingers like an Italian) perfecto:
 This definitely filled me right up!
Now onto my favourite breakfast of the week! OIAJ!
Choc protein overnight oats in an almost empty peanut butter jar with a side of banana yoghurt (1 banana whazzed up in greek yoghrut)
 The OIAJ were like eating a super rich, indulgent nutty dessert! To make:
fill a peanut butter jar about1/2 way up with muesli. Mix together in a seperate bowl about 3?4 cup milk, 1 scoop choc protein powder and 1/2 tablespoon raw cacoa- microwave for 40 seconds- 1 min, then stir until combined.
Add to jar of muesli, shake with top on, take top off and place in fridge overnight!


 Soooo good- I also nearly didn't finish this one it was so filling- but it tasted too good not too... I'll suffer through it! ;)

Like breakfast? Hate it? Skip it? (I sure hope not!)
Tell me your favourite brekky as of late :) (as you can see I can never have the exact same brekky two days in a row)

See ya later- maybe even for an upcoming breakfast recipe featuring coconut and this guy:
:D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...