Friday 5 December 2014

Saturday Morning, Waffles Calling

 Saturday morning, waffles calling (sung to the tune of Sunday Morning:)

Hi friends! It's Saturday once again and I have a smile on my face... once again.
With extra time on my hands in the morning, along with not having to prep lunch as well, I always try to make something I simply can't achieve on busy weekday mornings.

Pancakes are for Sunday.

Waffles are for Saturday!

I had some blueberries that needed to be used up, which made it pretty easy to decide on the flavour.
A big ol' blueberry waffle!

A big ol' sugar/ dairy/ wheat/ soy/ vegan blueberry waffle!

Guys- it's a waffle. Nuff said!

Single Serving Blueberry Waffle
Ingredients:
35g wholemeal spelt flour
10g oat bran
15g rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 tablespoon ground psyllium husks (thickens mixture and binds it together- you can sub in an egg here or other egg replacer)
3/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
Vanilla (1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or some seeds scraped- I scraped about 1/4 of a pod)- optional
Small handful of fresh/ frozen blueberries
Oil for greasing

Method:
1. Place everything but the milk, vanilla and blueberries in a bowl and mix to combine:
2. Whisk the milk and vanilla together in a small bowl:
3. Add to the dry mixture and whisk to combine (It may appear quite watery, but will thicken after sitting for a bit) Leave to sit for 15 mins.
4. Stir once more, then fold through the bluberries.
5. Switch on waffle machine and grease with some olive oil/ coconut oil etc. Once heated spoon on mixture and press down, leave for a good few mins (different depending on machine) as these waffles are a bit more fragile without the egg, they need to be almost fully cooked before checking.
6. After about 5 or so mins( less/more), check your waffle. Once browned and cooked through transfer to plate and top with your favourite toppings! (I used cashew butter and mixed nut butter)

Et voila:
Served alongside some frozen peach fro-yo (1 chopped frozen peach, whazzed up with 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt in a small food processor until smooth-ish)
 Tasted like peach cheesecake :)
I love blueberry anything- muffins, pancakes, cakes, doughnuts... if it's blueberry, chances are I'll like it, so it's no surprise the grin that took over my face when I sliced into my blueberry waffle:


Yep, still drooling :)

Waffles are pretty much the equivalent to breakfast pizza.
With a scoop of 'ice cream'.
Nom.

What about you?
Do you like blueberries? I've got to say, I'm not the biggest fan of them on their own, but seem to love them in other things :) They go all nice and melty.
Do you like waffles?
That was a silly question... What is your favourite type of waffle? I think mine would be chocolate :)

Now, back to my Saturday stuff- after already doing the weekly grocery shop and handing in a bunch of resumes (I need a job!) I still seem to have a bajillion things to do!

BYE! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...