Saturday 15 March 2014

Strawberries, bananas and ... peanut butter?

Everyone knows the strawberry banana combo, but I'm here to tell you that adding peanut butter, takes it to a whole new level.
All of you have probably also realized that I am obsessed with peanut butter, so this may be a little bias towards me- I'm definitely not as obsessed as this guy though!

Anywho, I was in the mood for my favourite sandwich (see variations here and here) but decided I needed to jazz it up a little- not this much though!
Presenting my fruity filled toasty!
With a coconut fruit salad on the side (banana, blueberries and strawberries rubbed in with coconut butter)
So, I got my home-made, wheat free rye bread and spread on some peanut butter and banana, strawberries and blueberries and toasted it all in a sandwich press, until warm and gooey.
It was really delicious and reminded me of the french flag (red, white and blue :)
My other strawberry, banana, peanut butter creation occurred this morning, when I was in the mood for a big mug of oats.
I made some strawberry oatmeal (rolled oats, oat bran, very thinly sliced banana and strawberry chunks and oat milk, left to thicken on low and then turned up and stirred vigorously to create whipped banana oatmeal):
 Then, I got my mug and made it oatmeal worthy:

You always have to hide a little bit of nut butter under your oats, so it melts and your end spoonfuls are just as good as your first!
Then I poured in my oatmeal, sprinkled with muesli and multi-grain cheerios and remaining sliced banana and strawberries- delicious!
Wait, something's missing!?!
 There we go!
What a combo:
Just because I like pretty pictures, doesn't mean I don't have to be realistic with you guys, when I actually started eating, it looked like this:
 But, I will leave you with this instead:
MUCH prettier :D
Have a good day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...