Sunday, 2 March 2014
Mix and match
Carrot cake- yummmm, apple crumble- yummmmm! Breakfast time- 'What to choose'
This is usually how my morning begins with two conflicting ideas/ cravings and one simple answer that I always come up with...
'Why not both?'
Carrot cake/ apple crumble baked pancake:
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 carrot grated
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons milk- sit 5 mins
35g wholemeal spelt flour
20g coconut flour
1 tablespoon oatbran
1 tablespoon rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4-1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
walnuts for apple crumble, cranberries for carrot cake
optional - LSA
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, grease a medium round pie dish
2. Prepare apple and carrot:
4. Add in chia gel and milk and stir until you get a pancake consistency
5. Split into two bowls, place apple in one with the walnuts and carrot in the other with the cranberries- stir to combine
6. Spoon and flatten out into greased pie dish
I still think it's gorgeous!
9. Top with whatever you like, as you can see I used coconut butter and almond butter and then I added some grapes
Close-up of apple one: