My favourite food to get when I was with friends at the shops was a glazed cinnamon donut :) It was yummy! Now, being sugar free, dairy free and mostly wheat free, I don't think I would enjoy those donuts as much anymore :( But have no fear! Creativity is here!
Presenting.... Drum roll please.....
Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Scrolls!
( sugar, dairy, wheat, soy free and vegan! Did I mention out-of-this-world delicious!?!)
130g pumpkin, chopped
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice
45g wholemeal spelt flour
10g coconut flour
10g rolled oats (chew factor)
10g oat bran (non-chew factor:)
optional- LSA mix
1- 2 teaspoons milk of choice ( I used oat milk) plus extra to brush on
1 banana, sliced
any leftover pumpkin
5-6 walnuts, broken into pieces
1/2-1 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk ( I used oat)
optional- coconut butter to glaze :)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Steam pumpkin until soft ( 20 mins) and create chia gel
4. To create the pumpkin scroll place all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, stir to combine.
5. Add in the pumpkin and stir to form crumbs, add in chia gel and enough milk to form a soft dough (you may not need all the pumpkin, I had about 1 tablespoon leftover)
6. To make filling, place all the ingredients in a saucepan
8. Take dough out of fridge, roll out on a lightly floured piece of baking paper until about1/2 a centimeter thick.
12. Be mind blown, about how amazing this tastes sans butter, sugar, eggs, or anything!
13. Oh- and ENJOY!
This was definitely better than those over sugary, ridiculously sweet donuts I used to be so obsessed with!