Friday 20 June 2014

Frozen bananas. What can't they do?

Well, they can't do a few things, such as fly a kite or do a cartwheel- but they can do a bunch of other stuff, that I think is pretty cool! I especially like that by carrying out the act of chopping up a banana and placing it in the freezer, you have ice-cream the next day! Even if you don't whaz it up in a food processor!
Over the past week I seem to be loving on these frozen bananas even more so than usual! BTW,it's winter here in Aus... I know, weird right- you'd think I'd want my banana whipped into warm oatmeal...
First of all, I had an almost empty jar of peanut butter. Usually that means hot oats in a jar. I wasn't feeling oats that day. I wanted ice-cream (I think it was 3 degrees celsius that morning?) So I made the most delicious chocolate icecream.. because what better combo is there than banana, chocolate and peanut butter?
 I simply placed 1 large frozen banana, 1 tablespoon raw cacao, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, a dash of cinnamon and 2 scoops of greek yoghurt (can easily be taken out if you don't eat dairy etc.) whazzed it up together and created something that reminded me of a super duper rich chocolate cheesecake :)
Then placing it in an almost empty jar of peanut butter, leaves every spoonful even better than the one before:
 In the background was some muesli which was added to oat milk and coconut butter heated in the microwave for thirty seconds to make coconut milk :)

My next frozen banana extravaganza was one you have seen many times on this blog:
A super thick green smoothie!
In it was 1 frozen banana, 1/2 frozen avocado, 1 large handful of spinach, 1 large handful of kale, sprinkle of chia seeds, scoop of vanilla protein powder, 2 tablespoons raw oats, 1 tablespoon mixed nut&spirulina spread and about 1/2 cup- 1 cup of milk of choice (I don't use too much as I like em' thick!)
 And boy, it was thick!
Lastly I made cookies (yes I still love cookies!)
Big chewy cookies :) No recipe though, but there are a few on my recipe page :D
There was half a banana used in them, the other half I whazzed up with some frozen mango (not frozen banana, but by whazzing them together, I'd say it counts) with 3-4 big scoops of plain greek yoghurt to make a tropical frozen yoghurt!
Cookies:
Frozen yoghurt:
Eating separately:

Eating awesomely!
So, yeah. This was just my little tribute to frozen bananas because I love them sooooo much!
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and enjoys some delicious meals and relax time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...