Saturday 7 June 2014

Pancake Sunday- plus everything else!

OH.MY... GOOSE! People you do not know how much school work I have yet to/ have already done!
High school is insane and my brother and sister just laugh at me (both at uni) saying that the real world isn't even like that (the line the teachers keep feeding us- 'We are preparing you for the real world!') I just can't seem to comprehend how they expect us to complete two assignments both due on the same week, with exams the following week- and that's just one subject!
Look at it all!

Ok rant over- In good news.. it's pancake Sunday! So I made chocolate chip banana pancakes :)
Your welcome :)
Ingredients:
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds+ 1 tablespoon milk of choice
43g wholemeal spelt flour
30g rolled oats
10g coconut flour
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
1-2 tablespoons of choc chips (I used cocoa nibs)
1 banana, chopped

Method:
1. Place flours, oats, chia gel and milk in a bowl, stir to combine, add the cocoa nibs and banana, then let sit in the fridge for 5-10 mins to thicken

2. Meanwhile, if you're like me you can make a super simple frozen berry yoghurt to go with it:
Berries:
3 heaped tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt (I'm obsessed!)

Whaz!
Place in bowl/ jar in the freezer until needed.
3. Retrieve pancake batter from fridge and whisk slightly
4. Heat a fry pan with some oil on low/medium heat, pour on some of the batter (I would recommend smaller cakes as these are more fragile- being vegan)

Wait for 30 seconds to a minute before trying to flip... then flip!
 5.Turn onto some paper towel when ready and make the next batch with the last of your mixture
6.Top with anything you like! I chose peanut and almond butter:
Enjoy with/without the frozen yoghurt!
Y.U.M
Close-ups!


 Look how creamy:

Match made in heaven :)
Have a fabulicious week everyone! :D
P.S. pancakes for dinner is totally justified!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...